Here's how they all benefit
From end consumers right through to the Government and the country
2. Meter Asset Companies
- Install more smart meters, more efficiently, and resurrect dormant meters.
- Provide continuity across Change of Supplier and Change of Tenancy.
- Facilitate accurate manual reads when communications are down.
3. Energy Service Companies
- Facilitate new digital business opportunities which will help consumers save energy.
- New Contract Services to Energy Suppliers.
4. Energy Suppliers
- Reap meter reading benefits more quickly as you speed up the smart meter roll-out and connect to dormant meters.
- Provide added value digital business services which will help consumers with energy best practise.
SMETS11 meters working
Dormant SMETS1 meters
Estimated total cost for complete roll-out
SMETS21 meters installed
More SMETS2 meters to install by 2020
Meter figures from a UK Government statement reported in August 2018.  Cost from the National Audit Office in March 2018.
1. SMETS stands for Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specifications (for UK smart meters).  SMETS1 is the specification for the first generation of smart meters and SMETS2 for the second.
5. The Data Communications Company (DCC)
- Rapidly accelerate going live with both SMETS1 and SMETS2 meters, which will help you exceed your targets and benefit all parties.
- Devolve management of meter functionality and security to the experienced meter vendors.
6. Meter, Communications and Software Suppliers
- Reap benefits from both your SMETS1 and SMETS2 meters, whilst still developing competitive advantages with new meters.
- Launch new functionality without first sharing unique features with competitors in standards committees.
- Realise energy savings for the country sooner
- Ensure good value for what has been spent and done
- Turn smart meters into a good news story
We are smart meter pioneers
Our technology has been powering smart meters for 32 years